- 1). Unscrew the shifter knob by turning it counterclockwise and remove it.
- 2). Pull out the ashtray and then remove the center cover.
- 3). Remove the cup holders by pulling them upward.
- 4). Remove the center console by opening the armrest storage and pulling the center console up at the end closest to the armrest. It might take a little force to release the yellow tabs holding the console into place.
- 5). Remove the shift cover by removing the screws at the end of the cover near the armrest and pulling the cover upward. Make sure the vehicle is in neutral and the parking brake is set for safety.
- 6). Pull the dash toward you, starting at the bottom corner to the right of the steering wheel until the corner comes free, exposing the panel below the climate controls. Pull off that panel, being careful not to damage any of the wiring behind it.
- 7). Remove the control panel by pulling it toward you, starting at the bottom left corner.
- 8). Remove the four bolts holding the stereo in place using a 10 mm socket. Pull the stereo toward you. Again, be careful not to damage any of the wiring coming from the stereo.