- 1). Lay the chalkboard face down. Use the pliers to screw the eye hooks in either side about 1/3 of the way down from the top of the chalkboard. You should use an eye hook screw that has a threaded body with a length of 1/2 to 2/3 the thickness of the chalkboard's frame.
- 2). Cut the cable so that it is about 1 1/3 the length of your chalkboard.
- 3). Thread the cable into the first hole on the cable clamp. The cable clamp looks like two merged cylinders that resemble tiny binoculars.
- 4). Loop the cable through one of the eye hook screws on the chalkboard frame.
- 5). Thread the end of the cable through the second hole in the cable clamp so that the cable forms a noose around the eye hook screw.
- 6). Use the the cable clamp pliers to squeeze the cable clamps until they are secure on the cables. The cable clamps are made out of lead, which is a soft metal, so when you squeeze the clamps onto the cables, they collapse on the cables for a tight hold.
- 7). Repeat Steps 3 through 6 with the cable on the other side of the chalkboard.
- 8). Use a tape measure to determine where you want the top of the chalkboard to be when it hangs. Mark two points about an inch below your determined top point. Use a level to mark a line the width of your chalkboard. Use the tape measure mark the line at 1/3 and 2/3 from one end. This is the point where you place the screws for hanging the cable.
- 9). Use the drill and the number two phillips-head bit to install the toggle drywall anchors into the wall where you marked it. If you are drilling into materials other than drywall, use the appropriate anchors or screws. Install the anchors and screws at a slight upward angle.
Lift the chalkboard and hang it from the screws by the cable. Slide the chalkboard side to side until your chalkboard hangs level.